- “I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It’s not bad at all really. Maybe it just needs a little love.”—Linus in “A Charlie Brown Christmas”
- “Oh, Christmas isn’t just a day, it’s a frame of mind and that’s what’s been changing. That’s why I’m glad I’m here, maybe I can do something about it.” Kris Kringle in Miracle on 34th Street
- “You’ll shoot your eye out, kid.” —Santa Claus in A Christmas Story
- “What if Christmas, he thought, didn’t come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, was a little bit more.” — Narrator from Dr. Suess’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- “Every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings.” Zuzu Bailey in It’s a Wonderful Life
- “Business? Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence were all my business.” The ghost of Marley in A Christmas Carol
- “Can you please tell Santa that instead of presents this year, I just want my family back.” —Kevin in Home Alone
- “I passed through the seven levels of the candy cane forest, through the sea of swirly-twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel.” —Buddy in Elf
- “I know we could both go on with our separate lives and we’d be just fine, but I’ve seen what we can be together, and I choose us.” – Jack Campbell in Family Man
- “Sometimes, the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see.” – The Conductor in The Polar Express
What are some of your favorite quotes? Feel free to tell us by responding in “Comments” below.
Happy holidays to all of you!