1. Gabriel Jordan, age 4, taught me the importance of equal treatment forall people. He would smile at, hug, or speak to every person he met. One time when he was sitting at the dinner table, he said to everyone there, “I may be a small person, but I’m still a person.” I think he was telling us that even children deserve respect.
2. He taught me to take the time to enjoy nature. Gabriel especially liked birds and butterflies. Because of him I learned to appreciate the simple things in life all around me.
3. Dance with joy. Sing even if you don’t know all the words. Be silly and shake your booty.
4. Be thankful for good health. Gabriel was diagnosed with epilepsy. Although he had seizures, he never let that slow him down. He kept on trying to be as normal and happy as his illness would allow him.
5. And last of all, he taught me that I should make every day count. We never know how much time we have on earth. My plan was to have my grandson for my entire lifetime. It didn’t work out that way, but I am blessed to have had him for four brief years. Days of joy, kisses, hugs, and play.
My sweet angel, Gabriel, left us on June 6, 2015. He was four when he went to heaven.
You may honor the memory of Gabriel Alexander Jordan by helping other children.