Below are actual statements made by homeless people in the Charlotte area. Source: Urban Ministry Center, Charlotte, North Carolina.
1. Forcing your life to fit in a backpack.
2. Being somewhere that you are not wanted.
3. Worrying about shelter when the weather gets cold.
4. Watching families enjoy their homes.
5. Walking everywhere you go, with everything you own.
6. Waiting for a restaurant to close so you can get into their dumpster to get something to eat.
7. Going to jail in the winter to have a place to stay.
8. Looking over your shoulder to make sure your things aren’t being stolen.